Saturday, June 25, 2011

Writer's bl . . .

Gotta be honest . . . I think about writing a new blog almost everyday. And then I don't. I desperately want to communicate with friends and family back home--to tell everyone what I'm feeling thinking and dreaming about . . . but the words won't come. 


I've been processing so much for the past few weeks. We had a team of 15 people arrive 2 weeks ago, which brings our grand total to 31 people in our family (living on the compound with us), and we're talking and preparing and planning and meeting and praying and singing and eating and sleeping (but not enough) and living and at the end of the day . . . no words. 


Some days I'm just home a lot--cooking and cleaning and being a mom and just trying to make it possible for the rest of the team to go and do ministry. Other days I go out and visit with people around town. I visit Oasis of Hope, or Shimo--a local slum--where I have come to know and love many families. On Fridays we host a bible study with the women of Shimo--just trying to get to know them and let them know that they're not alone--that they are loved by us and by God. 


Howie is working closely with our leaders and our college team; organizing, driving, leading devotionals, discipling, etc. He is a valuable asset on this compound and I'm so thankful for his leadership and his heart for the students and the team that is here with us, and mostly for the people of Kenya. 


There are a million stories I could tell. Orphans, widows, street children, ministries, schools, hospitals, diseases . . . it seems we have our hands in a little bit of everything, and some days it's overwhelming. I want to tell the stories, but I don't know where to stop or start. It's too much. Some days I feel tons of joy and peace, and other days I'm overwhelmed and, if I'm honest, just ask God to let me go home--wherever that is.  Bear with me while I collect my thoughts, download pictures, and write something that's worthy of your time. Thank you for coming back to this blog, and for standing with us. 

2 comments:

  1. don't worry about us. Just knowing you are over there doing what your doing is enough to keep us satisfied. write anything, write everything but know we're thinking about you and praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. still here. still standing with you in prayer.

    ReplyDelete