Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Peter

This is Peter standing next to Mya. 
He is a child who lives in the slums not far from our house. We met him at church on Sunday morning at Oasis of Hope. Peter's father is gone, and his mother is an alcoholic. He is around 4 years old, although no one knows his actual birthday. Mya is 3 1/2. 


Peter was a little shy, but he let me hold him. Then he peed his pants (no diapers in the slums!) so I put him down. He continued to hold my hand for a long time, and then became enamored with my bracelet. It was hard to walk away from him, but I'll see him again soon. Please pray for Peter and his sisters. Everyday they live in such extreme poverty that 5 minutes there would make you beg for mercy.




7 comments:

  1. Precious Mya and Peter! Oh, she will guide so many children to her smiling face!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Peter! That family is a Kitale favorite!
    Oh man, I can't wait to be there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, you can see the love all over Mya's face. We will pray for Peter and his family. Thanks for keeping us all updated. Love from Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I'm talking about, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is precious and heartbreaking. I am so glad he now has you guys in his life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mya is such the perfect little person for this awesome adventure God has taken your family on. Like others have said, her smile will drawn many and your family will be able to embrace those many. Such a heart wrentching picture to look at, but so encouraging that you are there to love on the many God will put in your path.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dorian said to me the other day, "mama, I'm going to live in Africa with Mya." I asked, "what about me?" She replied, "you can go live with my daddy in san diego." LOL Dorian was so excited to see the picture of Mya on here with Peter. We love you and are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete