Monday, October 10, 2011

Movin' Day . . .

. . . for Sarah!  Overall it was a great day. There were a few minor road blocks, and she was a little confused at times--asking me several times where we were going and why, but once we arrived at her new home, she was very happy. 


She's a bit of a diva. Once in her home, she started asking, "Where's my food? Where's my soap?" But she also kept saying "be blessed" to me in Swahili. I don't know all of Sarah's story, but I think that she has probably never really felt loved or cared for. My prayer is that she feels it now. Ruth, who is living with her and caring for her loves Jesus, and will remind Sarah daily how much she is  loved by God and by others. 


Thank you to those of you who have been praying for Sarah, and who have donated toward her new house and hospital bills. We were able to pay part of her bill, 3 months rent for her new house, buy 2 beds and mattresses, and all the other necessities for living. 


Picking her up from Freda's hospital. 

Sarah with some of the staff who have cared for her for the last 3 months.

Saying goodbye to Sister Freda.

Happy to be going home!
L to R - Patricia, who has been organizing everything for us, Juliette (my daughter, helper, translator), Sarah, Hannah (my daughter, helper, translator), Ruth--who will be Sarah's caretaker.

On her new bed eating her lunch. She wanted chips. :-) 

Pretty tired after the long move. Testing out her new bed. 

1 comment:

  1. Just soooo blessed to be able to see all the people you have touched and met. We will be praying for her health and her new home. She is truly so beautiful with that smile on her face that you helped put there! Be blessed dear Amy! Your hands and feet are doing so much. My God be the Glory!

    ReplyDelete