Saturday, January 15, 2011

Provision

Sometimes I just have to look at my foot to remember a very simple promise. You would think that getting something inked into my foot with a needle (in a very painful spot, by the way) would serve as reminder enough, but day after day, I forget: God always provides. And it's not just about money. God provides time, resources, relationships, divine appointments, wisdom, strength . . . the list goes on forever.  




In Hebrew this says "Adonai Y'reh", which is translated "The Lord Will Provide", from Genesis 22:14.  This was when Abraham took Isaac up on the mountain to be sacrificed, and God provided a ram instead of allowing Abraham to sacrifice his only son.  A foreshadowing of substitutionary atonement. Beautiful. Simple. Complete. God provides because he loves us. No other reason. He loves us. 


How quickly I forget. I'm starting to think I should have had this tattooed on my forehead instead. 

1 comment:

  1. I like it on your foot. It serves it purpose best there. Try going barefoot more often. :o)

    ReplyDelete