Saturday, September 10, 2011

Gifts

There is a book that has inspired some amazing changes for me in the past 3 months.  The book is called One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.

book.png


(This is the part where I say THANK YOU Cathy Fields 
for sending this gem to me all the way in Africa.)

I could sit here and type out the myriad of quotes and pearls of wisdom, but I would end up retyping the entire book. There isn't a soul on earth who I would not recommend this book to. It is raw, candid, refreshing, and opens up pearls of scripture in a new light. It challenges the reader to think of all things as God's grace--God's good gifts. It has helped change my heart, and it is just what the Lord knew I needed to be reading at this point in my life and ministry. What a gift. Wanted to share it with you.  
Here is the website, should you feel like heeding my advice:

All is Grace.

1 comment:

  1. Agree. 100%. Changed my life...as does her blog nearly everyday. I call it my "daily dose of perspective". Love her! I'm re-reading the book again much, much slower this time. Are you writing your 1000 gifts list? I started but haven't for a while. Need to get that back out. Changes how you look at everything, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete